One feature of PCR that I am excited about is the improved communication between servers and computers. Why should this be important and how is PCR going to be an improvement? I will explain further.
Currently, CybraryN is constantly communicating between servers, public computers and the staff interface. This sounds ideal, since communication is vital to make everything work but too much communication results in mixed signals and breakdowns in transferrence of information. Too much communication is what CycbraryN accomplishes currently. Think of it as tons of "chatter" among all components, or a disorderly shouting match occurring all the time. All this communication results in sluggishness, double booking, unresponsive computers, etc. that can be frustrating.
So what is different with PCR and communication between components? To put it simply: orderly, reduced communication. It is definitely not a shouting match, more like an orderly roundtable discussions where everyone has a turn. If a computer loses communication with the server, it will simply say when it is ready and wait for the server to establish a connection again.
I hope this makes some sense as this is the best I can do in explaining a process that often happens unnoticed. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments area. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment