Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blogs 101: How to leave a comment.

Hello Everyone,
One of the features that I enjoy about blogs is the feature that allows readers to leave comments. Visitors can express themselves, their viewpionts, have discussions, all in one place. I expect there to be a lot of questions about the upcoming PC reservation implementation and I would like to have this feature used prominently. Based on past experiences with a blog, I did not see this feature used as it should so I offer this tutorial if you are unfamiliar with how to comment. I have this simple tutorial on how to post comments so that the PCR Task Force and FCPL employees can share comments, questions and answers regarding the PCR transition.

Structure:
At the beginning of a single post, you will see a title (for this one it is Blogs 101: How to leave a comment) and below that you will see the body of the post. Below the body there is information regarding who posted it, what time and right by this information it will say something like "0 comment" "2 comments" etc. When you click on this, it will give you options on posting your thoughts, questions, etc



Comments button cirled in red.

Click on the "comments" button and it will open a new space that is used for posting comments. Here is the order to follow to post:
1: Use this space to write your thoughts, questions, etc. and then proceed to...
2: The drop down menu, where you can select how you want to identify yourself (Google, Aim, Name, even anonymous) Note, you have to identify yourself to post. After this proeed to...
3: The Post Comment button that is partially hiding behind the drop down menu, press it to post.



That is all there is to it. I check this blog regularly (not to mention notifications via email) so I am aware of what is posted. Additionally, by hearing your thoughts and questions, the PCR Task Force can be aware of any concerns that you have regarding the new PCR system. Have a great day.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment